Friday, February 24, 2012

My First Big Trial

Today started out being a really good day and then about 11:00 a.m. we had a lady from the Senior Citizens Center down the hall come around with a pan of the most delicious looking fresh cinnamon rolls. I LOVE cinnamon rolls!! I started to calculate in my head how many Weight Watcher points one of those could possibly be. I was trying so hard to tell myself that I didn't need one but that choice became especially difficult when both the people in my office decided to buy one. It was at this point that I had to call for reinforcements. First I called my WW buddy Ronda and practically screamed at her that I needed an intervention as soon as she answered the phone. She talked to me for a second and gave me a quick pep talk which helped a little. Second I saw Megan was online so I instant messaged her what was happening and she told me to STAY STRONG and she told me to imagine the people in my office getting heavier while I was getting skinny. This made me laugh and took away the stress of the moment.

Now for anyone who might be reading this you might be wondering what the big deal is. It shouldn't be hard to tell yourself not to have a treat like this but for me having sweet rolls, cookies, cake etc around me is like having alcohol around an alcoholic. I know I can't deprive myself of ever having a treat ever again but for me I need to try and make better choices and limit the amount of sweets I do have.

Well I was able to make it through my moment and I did not buy a cinnamon roll. I also did not have a brownie that was on the counter in the Clerk's Office when I went to talk to a couple of people in that office. For a moment today I was wondering who was out to sabotage me but I must say that the satisfaction I felt for not caving in made me feel so good. So a big BRAVO to me today now hopefully it will pay off when I hit the scales again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment