Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lessons Learned

I learned a couple of lessons this week. The first thing I learned is just because something seems to be a more healthy option, it doesn't mean it is Weight Watcher friendly. I went to Roy last weekend to a gymnastics competition and we stopped at IHOP for lunch before we came home. I chose to have what they called a Simple and Fit Omelette, which was an omelette with turkey bacon and swiss cheese made with egg substitute. I was so sick of eating fruits and vegetables that day so I decided to have Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes with sugar free syrup to eat with my omelette. As it turned out my lunch came to approximately 32 points. Not so great an option and since I didn't want to go over my daily points I ended up skipping dinner. I am going to have to get a data package on my phone so I can look these things up ahead of time.

The second thing I learned is that things are not always going to turn out like I expect them to but I cannot be so hard on myself. This last week and for the two previous weeks I have been a little psycho about making sure I stay within my daily points and not eating my weekly points or activity points at all. The first two weeks that worked perfectly for me but this week I ended up gaining 1.2 pounds. The whole day before I went and weighed in I was pretty much making myself have a panic attack. I was so afraid of any gain what-so-ever that I was making myself sick. I talked to one of the leaders at the meeting and she told me that I was probably depriving myself and that my points are there for me to use. My leaders suggested that I make sure and eat my daily points and either my activity points or my weekly points. Both of the people that I went to the meeting with had allowed themselves to have a treat if they wanted and they both lost. When I first got to the meeting I was really upset at myself but before I left to come home I decided I needed to quit being so hard on myself and realize that there will be ups and downs but that doesn't mean I give up.

Thanks Melanie and Ronda for making me laugh and for getting me excited about the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment